With millions of people researching their desired product on an internet with over 600 million websites, it is more than easy to get lost in the shuffle. The question is, what can you do to stick out, more importantly, what can you do to draw people to your website? Google Adwords provides an immense opportunity to getting your business known all throughout the internet, but you need to make sure you are doing it right.
- Do the research. It is important to know who your audience is, where they are located, and the search terms that they use to look for what you offer. An easy way to do this would be to put yourself in the customer’s shoes and imagine what you would be typing in to the search engine if you wanted to find a product similar to those offered on your website.
- Do strategize. No matter what kind of goal you have, make sure you have one, and keep it numerical so you can track its progress. Adwords helps to strategically place ads to allow for the best results, but you have to have done your research to know what you want.
- Do budget yourself. When you are starting out with Adwords, it may be smart to start with a smaller budget and see how well you do. You may find there are words you need to edit to help create the best ad possible. Trial and error is how we learn and become successful.
- Do get creative. You don’t have unlimited space to market your business, therefore it is crucial to think outside the box about each ad’s wording. Try a brainstorming session; think of what will catch people’s attention!
- Do get specific. Remember, this is PPC, which means you pay when people click on your ad. It is critical to show them what they are looking for. Your PPC ad should send a potential consumer straight to the landing page of the advertised product/service.
- Don’t get trigger happy. More isn’t always merrier. When selecting keywords for an ad, it is possible to unintentionally appeal beyond your target market, which could contribute to budget leakage.
- Don’t be vague. Since your account is charged whenever someone clicks on your link, it is important to be completely sure they are clicking (and going to the landing page) because they mean to be. Ensure that each ad is straightforward with the appropriate products or services.
- Don’t forget about it! It is important to track each ad to stay on top of ad performance. This will assist with strategizing campaigns and generating ads in the future.
- Don’t waste your money. Each ad should specifically appeal to the potential consumer; if it appeals to unqualified leads, you will draw people in who aren’t interested in what you have to offer. Remember, the key here is to market yourself to those who need your products or services.
- Don’t forget to sync Adwords with Google Analytics. Google analytics helps to analyze a website; syncing Adwords to it can help better determine which keywords and ads are most successful in drawing traffic to your site.
Link to this page
Copy the code below to your web site.