With millions of people researching their desired products on an internet with over 600 million websites, it is more than easy to get lost in the shuffle. The question is what can you do to stick out and even more importantly, what can you do to draw people to your website? Google Adwords provides an immense opportunity to obtaining exposure for your business on an internet wide scale; however, you need to make sure you are doing it right.
- Do the research. It is important to know who your target audience is, where they are located, and the search terms that they use to look for what you offer. An easy way to do this would be to put yourself in the customer’s shoes and imagine what you would be typing in to the search engine if you wanted to find a product similar to those offered on your website.
- Do strategize. No matter what kind of goal you have, make sure you have one, keeping it numerical to allow for progress tracking. Adwords help to place ads strategically in order to obtain the best results; however, you have to have performed in-depth research to understand your goal.
- Do budget yourself. When you are starting out with Adwords, it may be smart to start with a smaller budget in order to test the performance waters. You may find that there are words you need to edit to help create the best ad possible. Trial and error is how we learn and become successful.
- Do get creative. You do not have unlimited space in which to market your business. Therefore, it is crucial to think outside the box about each ad’s content. Try a brainstorming session with your team or someone in whom you trust for a serious and honest opinion. Try to ascertain what would catch public attention.
- Do get specific. Remember, this is PPC, which means you pay when people click on your ad so it is critical to show them what they are looking for. Your PPC ad should send a potential consumer straight to the landing page of the advertised product/service.
- Don’t get trigger happy. More is not always merrier. When selecting keywords for an ad, it is possible to unintentionally appeal beyond your target market, which could contribute to budget leakage. Research your keywords and targeted audience carefully.
- Don’t be vague. Since your account is charged whenever someone clicks on your link, it is important to be completely sure they are clicking (and going to the landing page) because they mean to be. Ensure that each ad is straightforward with the appropriate products or services.
- Don’t forget about it! It is important to track each ad to stay on top of ad performance. This will assist with strategizing campaigns and generating ads in the future.
- Don’t waste your money. Each ad should specifically appeal to the potential consumer. If your ads appeal to unqualified leads, you will draw people in who are not interested in what you have to offer. Again, careful and meticulous research is the key to marketing your ads to those who need your products or services.
- Don’t forget to sync Adwords with Google Analytics. Google analytics helps to analyze a website. Syncing Adwords to analytics can help better determine which keywords and ads are most successful in drawing traffic to your site.
Link to this page
Copy the code below to your website.